The Action Team Member supports the further development of community voice within HOPE Collaborative and the larger community through peer leadership. The Action Team Member will work towards participating and supporting HOPE Collaborative action teams, projects, and planned activities in one or more of following areas:
Healthy food and economy
- Participate in trainings to learn how to conduct community surveys and awareness-raising activities
- Conduct surveys of residents to get input on what changes should happen in the store
- Help plan and volunteer at healthy corner store community events and other outreach activities
- Attend Food Systems Action Team and/or Healthy Corner Store Team meetings and report back on completed activities
Healthy and safe Elmhurst neighborhood
- Conduct outreach to youth in Elmhurst neighborhood to engage them in HOPE’s work
- Outreach to involve Elmhurst residents in the neighborhood planning process and implementation projects
- Help plan and volunteer at community events, helping with logistics, preparing and serving food, tree planting, clean ups, gardening, running activities for kids, outreach, etc
- Work with other HOPE members and staff to update neighborhood website/blog, podcasts, or social media.
For more information, please contact us.